Invisalign aligners are used for alignment mismatches or positioning problems between teeth. Plaques can be easily removed during the day. Invisalign aligners are an alternative to metal braces for adults. Elimination of the braces have a positive impact on the quality of daily life.
Metal braces, which are frequently preferred, have been replaced by Invisalign over the years. With Invisalign, you can enjoy all the benefits of metal braces. The main advantage of Invisalign is that it is not visible from the outside, plaques are transparent. Especially young patients may not enjoy the appearance of braces. This disadvantage is gone with Invisalign.
What Is The Treatment Process?
Before producing plaques, digital scanning is performed with iTero Element 2 (Original 3D Scanner Product of Invisalign) in our clinic. Our specialist orthodontist determines the duration and the number of plaques needed for the treatment. Oral measurements are taken, and these measurements are transferred to partner Invisalign Lab. Tooth motions are examined by simulation techniques, and transparent plaques are produced for every 0.5 mm movement. After the Invisalign treatment is completed, wires are attached to the inside of your teeth. However, these wires are quite thin and small, invisible from the outside.
What Are The Features of Invisalign?
- Invisalign should be worn for 20 hours in a day. The removable plaques makes it very easy to use in daily life.
- It is effortless to clean. Invisalign can be cleaned during the day with water and toothbrush.
- Invisalign does not have a negative effect on speech. In the early days, a familiarization process may be necessary, but later the plaques do not cause any discomfort.
- There is no problem with eating and drinking. You can easily remove the plaques during meals.
- The plaques also have the advantage of being very painless compared to metal braces.
How Long Does The Treatment Take?
You only need to visit our clinic once for the treatment plan and 3D digital scan. Later, either we can ship the plaques to your country, or you can pick up your plaques in 2-3 days from our clinic once they are prepared. Duration of the treatment itself depends on the structure and the positions of the teeth. Our specialist doctor will determine this depending on the treatment, and plaques will be prepared according to that duration. But it is safe to say that 60% of the treatments are completed in 3 to 12 months.